Kyri has 29 years of experience as an international disputes and commercial lawyer to clients in the energy and natural resources sector. Over the years, Kyri’s practice has evolved to meet the changing needs of global multinational clients in the energy and natural resources and other sectors. His specialisation in advising companies that trade, finance and transport commodities – with experience covering the related disciplines of trading, sale of goods, trade finance, shipping and insurance – makes him one of the most sought-after lawyers in the energy and natural resources sector.
Kyri is the managing partner for Asia Pacific. He also serves as a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
He has received accolades from clients and peers over the years, including by independent publications:
- Ranked by Best Lawyers Singapore 2023 for Energy Law
- Ranked by Best Lawyers Singapore 2022 for Energy Law
- Kyri was ranked as an “Eminent Practitioner” in his field by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020 states that Kyri is considered a “powerhouse in derivatives and commodities,” according to interviewees.
- Named to The Legal 500 UK “Hall of Fame,” 2020. This recognises individuals who have “received constant praise by their clients” and who have been listed in The Legal 500 rankings for eight or more consecutive years.
- Ranked as an “Eminent Practitioner” in his field by Chambers USA (Nationwide) 2019
- Chambers USA (Nationwide) 2019 states that Kyri is “extremely practical, commercially oriented and very good at solving complex problems”. Clients note “he is incredibly thoughtful about understanding our business globally.”
- Named in the OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model List - Top 100 LGBT+ Executives, 2019
- Named Star Lawyer in 2019 in the Acritas Star Lawyer global database of stand-out lawyers nominated by clients’ senior in-house counsel for their exceptional client service
- Chambers USA (Nationwide) 2018 states that Kyri “has a notable commodities and disputes practice.”
- Ranked by Chambers USA (Nationwide) as “Eminent Practitioner” 2018
- Legal 500 UK 2017 states that Kyri is “known for his ‘dynamic leadership’.”
- Ranked by Chambers USA (Nationwide) as “Eminent Practitioner” 2017
- Chambers UK 2017 comments that "he has built a tremendous team" and is "always keen to assist, approachable and a pleasure to deal with."
- Identified as a Top 100 LGBT global executive by The Financial Times
- England and Wales
- Solicitor Advocate (All Higher Courts)
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in Singapore for Energy Law, 2022 - 2023