Austin is a Partner in Reed Smith’s Corporate & Securities Group. Austin’s practice encompasses all aspects of business law, including mergers and acquisitions with both strategic and financial parties, corporate and real estate finance, venture capital transactions, partnership and joint ventures, and international transactions, with particular emphasis advising significant, privately owned companies. Also, he focuses on sophisticated tax and trust planning for business owners, executives and members of families offices.
- Listed in Illinois Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate 2006-2013
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, 1973, J.D., Member of the Editorial Board, Northwestern University Law Review
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1970, B.S., Accounting, CPA Certificate
- Member of the Board of Managers of the Chicago Bar Foundation and Chair of Investment Committee
- Member of the Finance Committee of the Chicago Bar Association