Beth joined Reed Smith in 2017 and provides firmwide support to the Business & Finance and Litigation Departments.
Beth’s practice includes supporting pharmaceutical clients with contract writing, analysis, negotiation and review. Beth also supports corporate clients with contract review and due diligence. She strives to represent her clients in the most efficient and cost-effective means possible. Beth’s responsibilities include:
- Negotiating and drafting clinical trial agreements, consulting and servicing agreements, amendments and supporting exhibits
- Preparing non-disclosure agreements
- Conducting reviews of commercial contracts
- Supporting due diligence in corporate and real estate transactions
- Drafting loan modification documents
Additionally, Beth represents banks and other financial institution clients in litigations involving consumer and commercial loan portfolios, from pre-suit demands to judgment execution. Beth also counsels bank clients responding to writs of execution filed by judgment creditors against judgment debtors. Beth has extensive experience in arguing motions as well as attending arbitrations and bench trials throughout Pennsylvania. Beth has served as an arbitrator in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Beth’s litigation practice includes:
- Drafting legal pleadings, including complaints, praecipes and motions
- Legal research
- Responding to garnishments
- Negotiating settlements and drafting settlement agreements
- Counseling clients in order to ensure compliance with various federal and state consumer protection statutes
- Judgment execution
Prior her employment with Reed Smith, Beth spent ten years representing large financial institutions in consumer and commercial collections actions. She was employed by a multi-state law firm where she was the sole Western Pennsylvania-based attorney and independently managed a large collections portfolio throughout all stages of litigation.