Yves is a Brussels-qualified international trade, customs, and EU regulatory lawyer. He concentrates on trade remedy investigations, customs compliance and investigations, export controls and sanctions, conflict minerals and other import controls, and World Trade Organization dispute settlements. Chambers Global market sources value Yves' ability to "make the inexplicable seem explicable," and praise him for "speedy responses, integrity, and flexibility."
Yves has represented clients before the EU Courts in more than 30 disputes relating to international trade and customs laws, including in the landmark cases Ikea Wholesale (Case C-351/04) and XinYi PV (Case T-586/14). Client comments featured in Chambers Global state that Yves "often thinks outside the box and achieves great success."
- University of Essex, 2000, LL.M., International Trade Law, with honors
- University of Liège, 1999, with honors
- Co-founder, Greenlane, The Alliance of Customs and Trade Law Firms
- ICC Belgium, Commission on Trade and Investment Policy and Customs and Trade Facilitation Commission
- AmCham EU, Customs & Trade Facilitation, Trade & External Affairs and Digital Economy Committees
- International Customs Law Academy
- International Trade Committee, International Bar Association
- Association des Liégeois Travaillant à Bruxelles (ALTB)
- Recognised by Who’s Who Legal Trade & Customs 2020 as a ‘Global Elite Thought Leader’
- Best Lawyers in Belgium 2018-2020, Trade law
- Ranked in Chambers Global for Europe-wide International Trade/WTO, 2011-2020
Ranked in Chambers Europe for Europe-wide International Trade/WTO, 2011-2020
- Legal 500 EMEA, Customs, Trade, WTO & Anti-Dumping (2013-2019)
- Lexology, Client Choice Award, EU International Trade (2017)