Yves has 20 years of experience as an international trade and customs lawyer in Brussels. He concentrates on trade remedies (anti-dumping measures, countervailing measures and safeguards), re-balancing duties, customs laws and procedures, sanctions, export and import controls, and carbon trading and border adjustment. Yves has represented clients in more than 100 trade remedy investigations, and before the EU Courts in more than 30 disputes relating to international trade and customs laws, including in the landmark cases Ikea Wholesale (C-351/04), XinYi PV (T-586/14) and Jiangsu Seraphim (T-110/17) cases.
Yves is a member of the Editorial Board of the Global Trade and Customs Journal (Kluwer), a research fellow in customs and trade law at the University of Liège and a lecturer in Antwerp, Liège and Porto.
- University of Essex, 2000, LL.M., International Trade Law, with honors
- University of Liège, 1999, with honors
- Co-founder, Greenlane, The Alliance of Customs and Trade Law Firms
- ICC Belgium, Commission on Trade and Investment Policy and Customs and Trade Facilitation Commission
- AmCham EU, Customs & Trade Facilitation, Trade & External Affairs and Digital Economy Committees
- International Customs Law Academy
- International Trade Committee, International Bar Association
- Association des Liégeois Travaillant à Bruxelles (ALTB)
- Recognised by Who’s Who Legal Trade & Customs 2020 as a ‘Global Elite Thought Leader’
- Best Lawyers in Belgium 2018-2020, Trade law
- Ranked in Chambers Global for Europe-wide International Trade/WTO, 2011-2020
Ranked in Chambers Europe for Europe-wide International Trade/WTO, 2011-2020
- Legal 500 EMEA, Customs, Trade, WTO & Anti-Dumping (2013-2019)
- Lexology, Client Choice Award, EU International Trade (2017)