Jonathan is a partner in Reed Smith’s IP, Information & Innovation Group and focuses on patent/IP litigation and strategy.
Jonathan has been ranked as an expert by the leading independently researched legal directories for a number of years, including by Chambers Global, Chambers UK, IAM Patent 1000, SuperLawyers (London), and Legal 500. Editorial comments include:
- Chambers Global and Chambers UK 2016: “Jonathan Radcliffe is a seasoned patent litigator and represents clients in the electronics, manufacturing and life sciences fields. He is noted for his knowledge on questions of computer software patentability.”
- IAM Patent 1000 2015: “with Jonathan Radcliffe patrons … find there is plenty of contentious horsepower on hand to harness.”
- Chambers Global and Chambers UK 2014: “Jonathan Radcliffe has an excellent reputation amongst peers and clients alike as a “very clever and able litigator” who takes a seamless approach to delivery. He is primarily a patent litigator, although he also undertakes trade mark work”.
- IAM Patent 1000 2014: “On the contentious side, Jonathan Radcliffe [has] been building up a head of steam of late. [He is] known for [his] practical approach to patent disputes – [he] ensures that the resolution process is never unnecessarily protracted at the client’s expense.”
- Chambers Global and Chambers UK 2013: "Years of experience as a big-ticket patent litigation specialist.”
- IAM Patent 1000 2013: “top-notch practice ... characterised by complex, cross-border litigation"
- Chambers Global and Chambers UK 2012: Jonathan Radcliffe is “well regarded … [and] deemed a sharp patent litigator who has been heavily engaged in US-focused work”; and is "communicative, thorough and helpful".
- Legal 500 UK 2011: "Responsive and savvy to business realities".
- Chambers UK 2011: "exceptionally effective at managing the litigation process and great at minimising costs", and as "clever and competent, and gives sound commercial advice".
- Chambers UK 2010: "provide[s] strategic and creative advice whilst also ensuring [his] team is able to meet client demands".
- Chambers UK 2009: "responsive and gets great results".