John Simonis focuses his practice on real estate law. He represents institutional investors, owners, developers, and users in connection with complex real estate transactions and development matters, and has substantial expertise in connection with real estate joint ventures, funds, purchases and sales, leasing, development and construction matters, and entity structuring. He has represented clients across a broad spectrum of industry segments, including office, retail, industrial, multi-family, detached residential (for sale and rental), infrastructure and alternatives, with particular expertise with respect to data centers and technology-related facilities. He also has substantial experience in connection with large scale construction and development projects and a variety of sophisticated mixed use, master planned and entitlement-contingent projects.
- University of Michigan Law School, 1986, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Marquette University, 1983, B.S.
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law, 2006-2024
- Ranked in Chambers USA for California Southern Real Estate, 2022-2023
- Recognized as a 2023 Orange County Visionary by the Los Angeles Times