Steven is a member of the firm’s Financial Industries Group with an emphasis on mortgage litigation. He has represented many of the nation’s largest lending institutions and mortgage servicers in multiple jurisdictions and courts in his 20+ years of practice. He has represented these lenders in both state and federal courts. His practice includes the defense of financial institutions and loan servicers against claims for violations of various state consumer protection statutes, including the California Homeowner Bill of Rights (HOBR); the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA); the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA); the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) as well as breach of contract and corporate negligence claims.
- Ventura College of Law, 1992, J.D., __#!$No value$!#__, __#!$No value$!#__
- California State University, 1988, B.A.
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Southern District of California
- Former Bankruptcy Instructor at the Ventura College of Law
- Co-counsel at the Ventura County Bar Association Pro Bono Clinic