Bert Wells is a partner in the Insurance Recovery Group. He advises clients in their pursuit of insurance coverage claims of all types – for business interruption, property damage and cyber claims, as well as shareholder, fiduciary/benefits, errors and omissions, mass tort, environmental and other third-party liability claims. Through litigation, arbitration and negotiation, he positions clients for optimal insurance recoveries and to achieve their risk management goals. He is noted for the effective deployment and cross-examination of financial and scientific expert witnesses in litigation.
- Yale Law School, 1987, J.D.
- University of Oxford, 1982, Doctor of Philosophy
- California Institute of Technology, 1978, M.S.
- California Institute of Technology, 1978, B.S.
- New York
- New York City Affairs Committee, New York City Bar Association (2023-present)
- Insurance Law Committee, New York City Bar Association (2011-2016)
- New York Hall of Science (NYSCI), Trustee (2006-2016)