Tipo de evento: Seminario web
- Fecha/hora de inicio:
- 16 April 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
- Fecha/hora de finalización:
- 16 April 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Thursday, April 16, 2015 (12:00 p.m. EDT)
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter recently signed the "Promoting Healthy Families and Workplaces" Ordinance, adding Philadelphia to the growing list of cities and states to require sick leave. The new law, which takes effect May 13, 2015, generally requires employers to provide workers with 40 hours of paid sick leave each year.
This webinar will provide and overview of how the new law will affect employers.
- Which employees are entitled to paid sick leave, which employees and employers are exempt, and exactly what qualifies as "sick leave"
- How sick leave accrues and how it may be used
- Obligations employers may impose on employees to entitle them to sick leave
- New employer obligations - including record-keeping and notice requirements - as well as prohibited conduct
- What to do now to ensure compliance with the law on its effective date
Click here to watch the webinar. Please note, you will need to register to watch the program.