The first thing most SALT professionals think when they hear “constitutional challenge” is that the “Commerce Clause” of the U.S. Constitution is automatically being implicated.
Tipo de evento: Seminario
- Nombre de la ubicación:
- Ritz Carlton , 921 Canal St, New Orleans LA 70112
- Fecha/hora de inicio:
- 28 February 2018, 9:30 AM CT
- Fecha/hora de finalización:
- 28 February 2018, 10:30 AM CT
- Enlace de registro:
- Click here to register for the conference.
However, there are many “gems” in the states’ constitutions that shouldn’t be overlooked. These range from uniformity clauses, single-subject requirements, super-majority requirements, and other state constitutional grounds to challenge a state’s tax law These tools are useful before and after a tax law has been adopted, both in and outside of a court proceeding. This session will explore these tools and discuss how to use them to your advantage.