In recent years, the impact investing industry has captured imaginations with its market-oriented, innovative approaches to addressing the world's most intractable social and environmental challenges. Just over a decade removed from the coining of the phrase "impact investing", it is now estimated that the industry manages $150 billion in assets and that this figure will grow to $300 billion by 2020. The industry has steered capital to countless social interventions and mission-oriented organizations.
3:00 p.m. - Registration opens
3:30 p.m. - Opening remarks
3:45 p.m. - Social Impact Funds Panel
4:45 p.m. - Break
5:00 p.m. - Social Impact Bonds Panel
6:00 p.m. - Cocktail reception
Tipo de evento: Seminario
- Nombre de la ubicación:
- Reed Smith's New York Office, 599 Lexington Avenue, 22nd Floor, New York NY 10022
- Fecha/hora de inicio:
- 6 November 2018, 3:00 PM ET
- Fecha/hora de finalización:
- 6 November 2018, 6:00 PM ET
This event will take stock of the state of the impact investing market and highlight some of the most exciting innovations currently taking place in the industry.
Social Impact Funds Panel:
- Edward Marshall, Partner and General Counsel, Developing World Markets
- Lynn Roland, General Counsel, Acumen
- Kevin Saunders, General Counsel, Accion
- Jim Mercadante, Partner, Reed Smith (Moderator)
Social Impact Bonds Panel:
- Deborah Kay Burand, Associate Professor of Clinical Law and Co-Director of the Grunin Center for Law and Social Entrepreneurship, NYU School of Law
- Leslie Cornell, Associate General Counsel, Social Finance
- Aaron Bourke, Senior Associate, Reed Smith (Moderator)
Who should attend?
The event is targeted towards anyone who is involved in the impact investing sector or is seeking to explore ways in which private sector funding may be utilized towards supporting innovative projects delivering a social impact around the world.