Join partners from our Labor & Employment and IP, Tech & Data groups for a candid conversation on the do’s and don’ts of addressing California’s sweeping new privacy law for employers. Recent ambiguities concerning the application of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) to employment situations have been clarified in AB 25 and other signed amendments coming into effect on January 1, 2020.
Tipo de evento: Educación legal continua/desarrollo profesional continuo, Seminario web
- Fecha/hora de inicio:
- 12 November 2019, 2:00 PM ET
- Fecha/hora de finalización:
- 12 November 2019, 3:00 PM ET
- Enlace de registro:
- Not so fast: Privacy traps for California employers under the CCPA
Highlights of this webinar will include:
- Fines, penalties, investigations and class actions – key sources of CCPA pain for employers
- New employee notice and related requirements for CA employers
- What “selling” means and common traps for HR departments – are you selling?
- What the labor and employment “sunset” may mean for employers
- ERISA, HIPAA and other exemptions and exceptions, and their interplay for employers, especially around benefits
- Broader employment-related CCPA examples and considerations