Over the past few years, providers have started making ERISA claims using alleged powers of attorney given to them by their members.
Tipo de evento: Seminario web
- Fecha/hora de inicio:
- 7 June 2023, 1:00 PM EDT
- Fecha/hora de finalización:
- 7 June 2023, 2:00 PM EDT
They view this approach as a means of circumventing anti-assignment provisions of the plan and establishing their eligibility to file lawsuits for benefits and other forms of relief under ERISA.
During this webinar, the presenters will discuss:
- What powers of attorney are (and aren’t)
- How providers are using powers of attorney
- What courts are doing in response
- How you and your clients can avoid potential pitfalls before and after litigation is filed