Welcome to Reed Smith’s Accountancy Forum newsletter. This newsletter covers a range of issues affecting accounting firms, with a core focus on liability and regulatory risk. Please do get in touch with any questions. If there is a particular issue or case that you would like us to cover in an upcoming edition, we would love to hear from you.
In this issue...
- Proposed revisions to the Audit Firm Governance Code ‒ a welcome change?
- Privilege is not in the eye of the beholder
- High Court guidance on accountants’ duty of care when introducing tax schemes
- FRC publishes 2020/21 annual report
- FRC – Annual Enforcement Review 2021
- FRC culture conference
- FRC publishes annual audit quality inspection results
- HMRC launches consultation on changes to tax basis periods
- Global Disputes in 2021 - A Renewed Perspective
- Global perspectives - International trends in commercial disputes
To read the full newsletter, download the PDF below.