Paul focuses his practice on corporate restructuring matters and complex commercial litigation, typically arising in commercial bankruptcy cases. In his practice, Paul represents debtors, secured lenders, creditors; committees and equity committees in bankruptcy proceedings. In addition to handling core bankruptcy matters, he handles a wide variety of post-confirmation litigation matters on behalf of reorganized debtors and litigation trustees, including claims to recover fraudulent conveyances and preferential transfers, claims against officers and directors for breach of fiduciary duties, and claims involving auditor liability. Paul’s practice also includes representing companies and individuals in defense of bankruptcy litigation claims.
He has handled bankruptcy cases and related litigation across several industries, including oil and gas, health care, mortgage lending and servicing, commercial real estate, aviation, chemical manufacturing and many more.
Aside from bankruptcy, Paul represents clients in a broad range of commercial litigation matters, including cases involving contract disputes, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and disputes between owners of closely held companies.
- University of Houston Law Center, 1995, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Houston Law Review
- University of Houston, 1992, B.B.A., summa cum laude, Honors College Graduate
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- University of Houston Law Foundation Board of Directors
- University of Houston Law Review Board of Directors
- Recognized as a leading bankruptcy/restructuring lawyer in Texas by Chambers & Partners USA
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2019-2023) and Bankruptcy Litigation (2022-2023)
- Recognized among Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers (2019) and 500 Leading U.S. Bankruptcy & Restructuring Lawyers (2020-2021)