David's practice focuses exclusively on patent litigation and related issues. Drawing upon his industry experience as a medical device and automotive engineer, David's particular focus is upon technologies related to the medical and automotive fields, including medical imaging, electrosurgery, aneurysm treatments, biopsy devices, stents, and wound closure, and vehicle infotainment, navigation, headlights, and software architecture. David also has represented clients in matters concerning consumer products, computer hardware, software, databases and wireless devices and regularly defends clients in multi-defendant cases filed by non-practicing entities. A member of the Patent Bar, David regularly employs patent review and reexamination as part of broader litigation strategy and has been lead counsel and secured Final Written Decisions of invalidity in numerous IPRs. He also represents veterans in pro bono matters. Prior to becoming an attorney, David was named as an inventor of over 20 United States Patents.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, 2001, J.D., cum laude; Emery Scholarship; Dean's List; Am Jur Award for Patents; Honors Moot Court
- University of Alberta, 1991, BSc, Mechanical Engineering
- Oficina de Marcas y Patentes de EE. UU.
- Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- State Supreme Court - California
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Arkansas
Premios y reconocimientos
- Super Lawyers, 2010 and 2011 Northern California Rising Stars List