Michael is a partner in the Entertainment and Media Industry Group. For more than 25 years Michael has worked in film and television financing, usually representing banks and other financiers, in connection with single production or distribution financings, revolving lines of credit and tax structured transactions. He has also represented producers, distributors, private investors and broadcasters. He has a particular expertise in "gap", “presale” and “tax credit” lending and complex multi-party financings and is highly regarded for his drafting ability: many of the standard documents used in film financings in the UK are substantially authored by him. He is active with Pinewood, Coutts & Co, the British Film Institute, Vertigo, Natixis Coficine, Comerica, City National Bank, East West Bank, DSK Ventures Limited (Kurt Woolner), UK TV Production Company plc (Peter Fudakowski) and Copthall Limited (Bruce MacInnes).
- University of Cambridge, St Catharine's College
- Angleterre et Pays de Galles
Récompenses et distinctions
- Ranked in Chambers UK for UK-wide Media & Entertainment: Film & Television, 2020-2023
- Listed as a Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500 UK for Media & entertainment: Media finance, 2020-2023
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in the United Kingdom for Media & Entertainment Law, 2009-2021