Michael is the Global Chair of our M&A Team and is a partner in Reed Smith's Global Corporate Group. Michael focuses his practice on acting as corporate counsel to businesses and investors. Michael's practice includes mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing transactions, complex joint ventures, recapitalizations and restructurings, licensing transactions and general corporate counseling. Michael’s practice covers a wide range of industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, financial services, consumer products, food and beverage, telecommunications, and software. Michael also applies his technical background (including a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University) in the representation of technology companies in intellectual property/information technology agreements. Michael currently acts as outside general counsel to numerous companies.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1998, 法学博士, high honors, Order of the Coif; Staff Member, University of Chicago Law Review
- Stanford University, 1991, Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering
- 华盛顿大学, 1984, M.S., Mechanical Engineering
- 华盛顿大学, 1983, 理学学士, Mechanical Engineering
- Recognized in Chambers USA as one of America's leading corporate/M&A lawyers (2014 & 2015)