Global Chair of Reed Smith's international arbitration practice Peter Rosher is one of the most highly-regarded international arbitration lawyers in the Paris market. He is a dual-qualified (English solicitor/French avocat) lawyer and advocate with nearly 30 years’ experience in international arbitration, advising clients on contentious issues as well as providing extensive advisory services in relation to “live” major projects.
- 伦敦大学国王学院, 1994, M.Sc.
- Leicester University, 1987, 法学学士
- Strasbourg University, France, 1986, DEJF
- Solicitor Advocate Civil Advocacy (All Higher Courts)
- Board member of the Association Française d’Arbitrage
- Board member of the French arm of the Society of Construction Lawyers
- Founding member of Paris Arbitration Week (PAW) and former Vice President of the PAW organizing committee
- Member of the Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Member of the editorial boards of the Association Française du Contract Management and the Revue Droit des Affaires Internationales
- Treasurer and Working Group member of the Association for Innovative Practices in Arbitration (AIPA)
- Vice President of the association Paris, Home of International Arbitration
- Lectures on dispute resolution and international construction contracts at Université Panthéon Assas (Paris II) and at Sciences Po
- Listed in Legal 500 Private Practice Arbitration Powerlist - France 2023
- Featured in Financier Worldwide "Power Players: International Arbitration – Distinguished Advisors 2023"
- Ranked in Chambers Europe for France International Arbitration, 2021-2023.
- Ranked in Chambers Global for France International Arbitration, 2021-2023.
- Awarded Plume d'Argent (Silver Prize) in the “International Issues And Business Affairs – professional press” category, Business & Legal Forum 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Ranked for Arbitration in the Who’s Who Legal Global Guide 2018-2023, and in the France Guide 2018-2022, including as a Thought Leader.
- Ranked for Construction in the Who’s Who Legal Global Guide 2018-2022, and in the France Guide 2018-2023, including as a Thought Leader.
- Ranked as a Commercial Arbitration Expert in Euromoney’s Expert Guide 2019-2020.
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in France for Construction Law and International Arbitration, 2020-2022.
- Who’s Who Legal France – Construction 2021 notes “Peter Rosher comes highly recommended for his profound expertise in construction arbitration.”
- Who’s Who Legal France – Arbitration 2021 notes “Peter Rosher is well known in the international arbitration field, where he demonstrates impressive experience acting as arbitrator on high-value disputes.”
- Chambers Europe 2021 notes “Peter Rosher is noted for his expertise in construction cases. His client roster includes leading French and international companies hailing from the energy, technology and aerospace sectors. Clients say: ‘He has a very commercial outlook, he is very responsive and always available.’”
- Legal 500 EMEA 2021 notes “Peter Rosher’s team has remarkable expertise in construction and arbitration, especially on FIDIC contracts. The team is thorough and extremely responsive.”
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020 notes “Peter Rosher has a hands-on, pragmatic approach and a sharp strategic eye.”
- Who’s Who Legal 2019 notes “Peter Rosher stands out in the French construction market for his impressive work handling complex disputes in international arbitration proceedings.” Peter “draws acclaim as ‘extremely good counsel deserving of recognition.’” Clients say he “is able to identify important issues quickly – and how to deal with them.”
- Legal 500 EMEA 2019 notes “thanks to Peter Rosher, the practice is also well known for its construction arbitration ability and is handling significant cases in that area.”
- Legal 500 2017 ranks Peter as a leading lawyer for international construction dispute work: “[Peter Rosher is a] ‘very client-oriented lawyer who gets the job done’ and ‘an excellent tactician with a sharp legal mind.’” He is quoted as “responsive, trusted and incisive.”
- 17 June 2020 "Paris Arbitration Week offers glimpse of virtual future" Commercial Dispute Resolution