James is a partner in the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources Group. He is an arbitration lawyer with more than 14 years’ experience and his practice centres on complex disputes and international arbitrations, largely within the construction, the offshore oil and gas, and other energy industries.
He represents clients in arbitration proceedings under the major international and regional arbitration rules including the ICC, LCIA, DIAC, SIAC, HKIAC, KCAB and DIFC.
- University of Hull, 2001, 法学学士, Law (Hons)
- Manchester University, 2002, Legal Practice Course
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, 2007
- Admitted to the Dubai Legal Affairs Department, 2013
- Registered practitioner before the DIFC courts, 2013
- Listed in Legal 500 Private Practice Arbitration Powerlist - Middle East Region 2022
- Ranked for Dispute Resolution, UAE – Chambers Global 2020 - 2022
- Ranked for Construction and Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, UAE – Legal 500 EMEA 2020