Pipe dream, snake oil or bleeding edge?
At the inaugural MediaPost Blockchain Marketing Forum we do what MediaPost does - interrogate the premise and examine the real-world implementation.
What exactly are blockchain-based technologies promising? How does a more distributed, ledger-based, crypto-currency driven approach propose to clarify and sanitize the ad tech mess? Why and how is it theoretically better than other transparency efforts, and what won’t it solve for?
But more to the point, with so little media buying actually transacted via blockchain now, where do advertisers and agencies really need to be here?
At the MediaPost Blockchain Marketing Forum we try to being greater transparency to blockchain’s own promises of greater transparency to digital advertising.
We will explore
- How and where blockchain promises greater transparency in the ad supply chain
- Will it streamline processes and reduce cost?
- How does blockchain target fraud?
- What does it mean to move to a token-based, cryptocurrency system?
- When and how will DSPs be ready to test and learn from these technologies?
- How does blockchain impact current efforts towards greater transparency?
Join Reed Smith's Gerard Stegmaier for his panel entitled "Beyond the Cyberbucks: Blockchain and the Transparent Relationship." Not all of blockchain's promise revolves around monetary transactions. The technology also seems able to streamline, equalize and make more transparent many kinds of exchanges of value. Agreements between parties, authentication of goods, privacy controls, and more could become links in a blockchained economy. What are the implications or promise for the open ledger in the relationship of businesses with one another and directly with their customers?
For more information or to register, visit mediapost.com.