With climate change at the forefront of the UAE’s national agenda, the building industry is expected to face an increasing number of new challenges in the sustainability space. But what is ‘sustainability’ and what does it mean in the built environment? What should construction professionals be aware of – from designer to contractor, and, what will developers need to embrace in order to ensure that the UAE meets its Paris Agreement obligations?
- Intersect by Lexus, Gate Village 7 DIFC, Dubai
- Startdatum / -uhrzeit:
- 13 September 2022, 8:30 AM ARBST
- Enddatum / -uhrzeit:
- 13 September 2022, 10:00 AM ARBST
- More Information:
- Construction breakfast briefing: Sustainability challenges in the UAE
A panel comprising guest speakers and members of Reed Smith’s energy and natural resources team will discuss this inescapable topic and look at some of the key challenges facing the UAE’s construction industry today. Join us to hear the panel’s views on, amongst other things:
- the current features of Dubai’s Green Building Code;
- how the UAE’s projects are being implemented in the context of the UAE’s sustainability targets;
- the immediate challenges that the construction industry needs to confront and overcome; and
- some of the legal and risk implications that are connected with the introduction of new materials and technologies.