Maytak Chin is a strategic litigator with broad experience in dispute resolution and a trusted advisor to many corporate and public pension fund clients. Her practice focuses on complex litigation in the area of fiduciary duties, unfair competition and business torts, with an emphasis on contract disputes and trade secret cases involving advanced and emerging technologies. She has a proven track-record of winning cases and achieving client objectives in mediation, arbitration, administrative proceedings, at trial and on appeal. Maytak understands that legal strategy in dispute resolution has wide-ranging ramifications for a client’s business and therefore she collaborates with her clients on litigation strategy to balance risk and optimize gains favorable to their businesses.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, 2012, J.D., Senior Articles Editor & Senior Symposium Editor, UC Davis Law Review; Fellow - Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) of the American Bar Association
- University of California, Berkeley, 2008, B.A., Dean’s List, Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) Mayer Brown Preparatory Diversity Award, Robert T. Matsui Writing Prize on Public Service Award, Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs Award
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Diversity Chair of the Business Torts and Unfair Competition Section
- Edward J. McFetridge American Inn of Court
- Selected through peer review for inclusion on the Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Business Litigation, 2019-2020