Luke joined Reed Smith in January 2008 and is a member of the firm's Insurance Recovery Group. Luke handles insurance and captive reinsurance coverage cases and arbitrations from inception through resolution across the country and internationally.
- Notre Dame Law School, 2004, J.D., cum laude, Articles Editor of Notre Dame Law Review
- Georgetown University, 2001, B.A., cum laude
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Sixth Circuit
- Co-chair of Philadelphia Reed Smith Diversity Committee
- Reed Smith Board Representative Philadelphia Diversity Law Group
- Named a “2019 Pennsylvania Trailblazer” by The Legal Intelligencer for his work co-founding LEADRS, a Reed Smith affinity group focused on attracting, supporting and promoting attorneys with disabilities of all types, physical and mental and his pro bono efforts for the Philadelphia Name Change Project. The Trailblazers list is issued by The Legal Intelligencer. A description of the selection methodology can be found at law.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Won “Influencer of Law” recognition from the Philadelphia Inquirer, 2019. The Influencers of Law list is issued by The Philadelphia Inquirer. A description of the selection methodology can be found at inquirer.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Named one of the 2018 "Lawyers on the Fast Track" list issued by The Legal Intelligencer. A description of the selection methodology can be found at law.com/legalintelligencer. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Selected for inclusion on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Insurance Coverage (2010, 2012-2019). The Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
In the News
- 18 September 2019 “3rd Circuit Vacates In Part Rulings Against Insured On Duty To Indemnify Defects” Lexis Legal News
- 13 September 2019 “3rd Circ. Partly Revives Sapa's Faulty Window Coverage Bid” Law360
- 24 February 2020 “How I disclose my disability during a job search” Fast Company
- 21 November 2019 “Q&A with Reed Smith” Minority Corporate Counsel Association’s Diversity and the Bar Magazine Fall 2019
- 14 November 2019 “Driving Progress through Diversity and Inclusion: Epilepsy Awareness Month” Reed Smith Look Closer
- 13 November 2019 “Hearing Scheduled on Trans Boy’s Requests for a Name Change” Philadelphia Gay News
- 7 July 2019 “Diversity Efforts At Many Firms Ignore Disabled Attorneys” Law360
- 5 June 2019 “ Transgender Women Challenge Name Change Law In Court,” WESA, a Pittsburgh NPR Station
- 30 May 2019 “Three transgender women challenge portion of Pennsylvania’s name-change law,” The Philadelphia Inquirer
- 29 May 2019 “ Pennsylvania Name Change Law Challenged on Behalf of Three Transgender Women - TLDEF Applauds Action by Attorneys from Reed Smith,” Erie Gay News
- 29 May 2019 “ Transgender Women Challenge Pa. Name-Change Rules,” Law360
- 24 October 2018 "Are Law Firms Committed to Disability Diversity? A Handful of Firms Have Taken Action" ABA Journal
- 15 August 2018 "How One Firm Moved the Needle on Disability Inclusion" Law360
- 4 February 2016 "Trans name-change project expands locally" Philadelphia Gay News