Terence focuses his practice on complex business disputes and class action defense. Terence has opposed class actions alleging false advertising and deceptive business practices, unfair competition, invasion of privacy, breach of warranty, and other statutory and common law theories. He has defeated numerous putative class actions on the merits and at the certification phase and represents clients across a range of industries, including consumer products, retail, technology, financial services, automotive, healthcare, and food and beverage. Terence regularly handles disputes involving parallel and duplicative class actions and is experienced with multidistrict litigation and state court coordinated proceedings. He is also deeply familiar with the unique procedural and administrative challenges associated with class settlements. In addition to class actions, Terence has litigated an array of business disputes, including contract, licensing, trade secret, and Lanham Act cases. He has successfully represented clients in trials and arbitrations, has disposed of cases through motion practice, and has favorably settled matters through mediation and other means. Terence also has substantial experience with requests for injunctions and other expedited relief and is skilled in the area of electronic discovery.
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1995, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, 1992, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of California
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Bar Association of San Francisco