Bobby Phillpott's practice focuses on advising clients on all areas of business taxation, with particular emphasis on tax planning of mergers and acquisitions, tax-free reorganizations, spin-offs and divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, and equity and debt offerings, as well as the formation and operation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies and certain tax controversy matters.
- New York University, 1999, LL.M.
- Loyola Law School, 1997, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Casenote Editor of Loyola Law Review
- Loyola University, 1991, B.B.A., Accounting
- State Bar of Texas, Tax Section, Council Member (2008-2012), Chair, Corporate Tax Committee (200 -2009), Vice-Chair, Partnership & Real Estate Tax Committee (2005-2006)
- Houston Bar Association, Tax Section
- Texas CASA, Past Board Member & Chair of Audit Committee
- Legal 500 U.S., Recommended lawyer, Tax – Domestic, 2015
- Legal 500 U.S., Recommended lawyer, Tax - U.S. taxes - non-contentious, 2016
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2017
- Selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list for Tax: Business, 2008-2022
- Selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Tax: Business, 2004-2008
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Texas Tax, 2021-2022