Donald is a partner in the Litigation Department of the Hong Kong office, having joined the firm as a trainee in 2010 and qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong in 2012.
Donald specialises in Hong Kong court litigation and international arbitration proceedings. He has extensive experience in handling complex and high-value matters involving multiple jurisdictions, as well as matters requiring interim relief such as emergency arbitration proceedings, asset preservation measures, disclosure orders, anti-suit injunction and ship arrests. He regularly advises on insolvency issues.
Donald also regularly acts and advises Hong Kong listed companies in relation to regulatory inquiries and investigations. He has advised and acted for clients from a vast array of industry sectors, including financial services, garment, fashion, transportation, energy, commodities, logistics, insurance, entertainment, pharmaceuticals, hospitality, real estate, electronics, household goods and technology.
- University of Hong Kong, 2017, LL.M., Arbitration and Dispute Resolution (Distinction)
- University of Hong Kong, 2010, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws
- University of Hong Kong, 2009, Bachelor of Laws, (LLB), Hons
- Member, The Law Society of Hong Kong
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Fellow, Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators (FHKIArb)
- Member, Hong Kong Maritime Arbitration Group
- Secretary and Executive Committee Member, Hong Kong Maritime Law Association
- Member, List of Arbitrators, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- Member, Maritime Services Training Board, Vocational Training Council, Education Bureau, HKSAR Government
- Recommended by Doyle’s Guide 2021 as one of the Leading Admiralty, Maritime & Shipping Lawyers in Hong Kong
- Listed as a Rising Star in Legal 500 Asia-Pacific for Hong Kong Dispute resolution: International arbitration, 2021
- 2021 International Advisory Experts (IAE) award winner for International Arbitration, Hong Kong