David is a partner in Reed Smith's Litigation Insurance Recovery Group.
David has been representing corporate policyholders in complex insurance coverage disputes since 1990, from high stakes litigation to providing advice to policyholders with respect to the presentation of claims and the negotiation of settlements. David also assists clients in their procurement of insurance, including the drafting and negotiation of policy language, the review and analysis of insurance policy forms and has assisted corporate clients in providing training to their personnel regarding various insurance issues. David also assists clients in analyzing insurance issues relating to mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, 1990, J.D., cum laude, McAuliffe Honor Society, Law Review Staff Member
- University of California, Berkeley, 1987, B.A.
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Insurance Law, 2013-2022
- Selected through peer review for inclusion on the Northern California Super Lawyers list for Insurance Coverage, 2010-2020
- 23 July 2019 “Can Lawyers Do More to Stop M&A Failures?” The American Lawyer
- 24 December 2014 “Law Firm Leaders See Jumps, Bumps in 2015” The Recorder