Event Type: Webinar, CLE / CPD
- Start Date/Time:
- 23 July 2020, 3:00 PM BST
- End Date/Time:
- 23 July 2020, 4:00 PM BST
- Event Materials:
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield invalidated by Schrems ruling - Now what?
Join Reed Smith’s EU and US team for this CLE webinar for a practical discussion on the scope and impact of the CJEU’s decision.
Topics will include:
- The impact of the Privacy Shield being declared invalid as an adequate safeguard when transferring personal data outside the EEA to the United States
- The level of protection afforded by SCCs and whether these are still an adequate safeguard for transferring personal data outside the EEA, in particular to the United States
- What next? How to navigate transferring data outside of the EEA to the United States and other non-EU countries
For your reference, the program will be offered twice:
Session 1: 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. BST / 10:00 -11:00 ET
Session 2: 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. PT / 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. ET