Reed Smith will kick off Global Diversity Awareness month in October with our annual Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit. This year’s virtual event will focus on racial justice and intersectionality.
Featuring Feminista Jones, Intersectionality Expert, Author & Award-Winning Blogger, as our keynote presenter.
Event Type: Webinar, Diversity & Inclusion, Women's Initiative Network of Reed Smith (WINRS)
- Start Date/Time:
- 1 October 2020, 11:00 AM EDT
- End Date/Time:
- 1 October 2020, 3:30 PM EDT
- Event Materials:
- 2020 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit
Our opening panel, "How Major Organizations are Leading Change in Racial Equity," features special guest speakers:
- Sophie Chandauka, Global COO Shared Services and Banking Operations at Morgan Stanley
- Kamau Coar, General Counsel at Heidrick & Struggles
- Peter Ellis, Reed Smith Senior Management Team - Chair of Litigation
- Lauren Leahy, Chief Legal Officer at Pizza Hut
- Cathy Tang, Chief Legal Officer at Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation
We'll also delve into some of the difficult topics faced by individuals and businesses alike in our breakout sessions, covering issues such as:
- Disrupting racism: From performative allyship to anti-racism
- Creating a culture inclusive of mixed-visible and non-visible diversity
- Leveraging employee resource groups to build power through collaboration
- Strategies for overcoming impostor syndrome
- Lasting impacts of the pandemic on persons with disabilities
- Understanding the intersection of race and class
Post-event update: Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit – Key Takeaways Report, which outlines some of the key takeaways that emerged from our discussions and some of the challenges and best practices that were highlighted during the Summit.