PITTSBURGH (September 1, 2016) – Reed Smith LLP announced changes to the firm’s Senior Management Team effective September 1, 2016. The changes align the firm’s senior management roles around its industry group strategy, as well as its existing and growing geographic footprint.
“The changes we have made ensure that our leadership is structured in a way that best positions us to run a global business that depends on local strength and cohesion, while continuing to focus on our industry and practice strengths,” said Reed Smith’s Global Managing Partner Sandy Thomas. “We have adjusted the emphasis in responsibilities to reflect increased focus on geographic responsibilities, and we are confident that the changes will have a positive impact on the firm in both the short and long term.”
The firm announced the creation of three new positions: Managing Partner – Americas; Managing Partner – Europe, Middle East; and Managing Partner – Asia-Pacific. The three regional managing partners will focus on geographic-based recruiting, strategy, and client development.
The management team will include the following individuals who will continue to serve in their current roles:
- Sandy Thomas (Washington, D.C.), Global Managing Partner
- Doug Cameron (Pittsburgh), Global Chair of the Litigation Department
- Casey Ryan (Pittsburgh), Global Head of Legal Personnel
- Gary Sokulski (Pittsburgh), Chief Operating Officer
The new members of the management team include:
- Tamara Box (London) will serve as Managing Partner – EME. Box was most recently Chair of the Financial Industry Group and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. She is finance lawyer serving clients world-wide.
- Diane Frenier (Princeton) will serve as Co-Chair of the Business & Finance Department alongside David Boutcher through the end of 2016 , and then as Chair of the department. Frenier is a leading life science transactional lawyer and a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
- Michael Pollack (Philadelphia) will serve as Managing Partner – Americas. Pollack was most recently the firm’s Chief Legal Officer and he previously served as the Global Head of Strategy.
- Roger Parker (London), most recently Managing Partner – EMEA, will serve as the firm’s Managing Partner – Asia-Pacific.
About Reed Smith
Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 26 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute-resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.
U.S.: Century City, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Princeton, Richmond, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Tysons, Washington, D.C., Wilmington
Europe: Athens, Frankfurt, London, Munich, Paris
Middle East: Abu Dhabi, Dubai
Asia: Beijing, Hong Kong, Kazakhstan, Shanghai, Singapore