John is a trial lawyer practicing in the areas of intellectual property and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including trial, discovery, law and motion, and claim construction. John has been selected as one of the Top Intellectual Property Litigators in California by the Daily Journal and has been named a Northern California Super Lawyer for 2014, 2015 and 2016. John also serves as a member of Reed Smith’s Executive Committee, the firm’s global governing board.
- Listed, Super Lawyers of Northern California, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Named by the Daily Journal as one of California's Top Intellectual Property Litigators for 2013
- Fujistu v. NETGEAR - Named by the Daily Journal as one of the top defense verdicts of 2012
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1990, J.D., Dean's List, Extern, Hon. John Coffey, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, 1987, B.A.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- State Bar of California - Intellectual Property Section