Over the course of his legal career, Al has handled billions in loan transactions across the country. He has more than 21 years of experience representing financial institutions (including national, regional and local banks, as well as life insurance companies and capital market lenders), non-traditional lenders, real estate developers and investors in real estate, finance and business transactions. Al’s practice focuses primarily on real estate, commercial lending including first-lien, subordinate and mezzanine lending, inter-creditor agreements, preferred equity investments, workouts, foreclosures, receiverships, assumptions and consents.
- Louisiana State University Law Center, 1995, J.D.
- Louisiana Tech University, 1987, B.S.
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- United States Marine Corps
- Woodward/White, Inc. Best Lawyers, 2009–2019
- Thomson Reuters Texas Super Lawyers, 2003–2004, 2006–2018
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, 2009