Over the course of his legal career, Al has handled billions in loan transactions across the country. He has more than 21 years of experience representing financial institutions (including national, regional and local banks, as well as life insurance companies and capital market lenders), non-traditional lenders, real estate developers and investors in real estate, finance and business transactions. Al’s practice focuses primarily on real estate, commercial lending including first-lien, subordinate and mezzanine lending, inter-creditor agreements, preferred equity investments, workouts, foreclosures, receiverships, assumptions and consents.Al currently directs the US Real Estate Practice Group Associate training program and is active in a range of group improvement and profile raising efforts.
- Louisiana State University Law Center, 1995, J.D.
- Louisiana Tech University, 1987, B.S.
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- United States Marine Corps
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Banking and Finance Law and Real Estate Law, 2009-2021
- Selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list for Real Estate (2003-2004, 2006-2019)
- Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, 2009