Bill is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on high stakes litigation involving complex technology. His practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, including patent, trademark and copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and unfair competition, as well as other complex commercial litigation.
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1995, J.D.
- University of California, San Diego, 1992, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Litigation - Intellectual Property, 2022
- Named by the Daily Journal as one of California's Top Trade Secrets Lawyers for 2019
- Named by the Daily Journal as one of California's Top Intellectual Property Lawyers for 2016
Pro Bono Activities
Bill has been active in pro bono activities, including obtaining political asylum for two Nigerian refugees and their families and helping an Iraq War veteran obtain a trial victory to recover stolen assets. He also has been honored for his work for a nonprofit organization serving the senior citizen population of the Oakland area.