Noel advises companies on insurance and risk management issues and is experienced in representing clients in complex commercial and insurance-coverage litigation in state and federal courts across the United States. He focuses his practice on recovering insurance for policyholders under general liability, directors and officers, employment and fiduciary liability, professional liability, and cyber/tech/media liability policies, among other types of coverage. Noel’s representations range from large publicly-traded Fortune 500 corporations to start-ups and mid-market private companies covering industries as diverse as industrial manufacturing, telecommunications, retail, real estate development, private equity investment, and banking and finance. He has represented professional sports teams in coverage litigation and regarding negotiation and placement of their insurance coverage programs and advised university athletic departments regarding insurance issues involving injuries to athletes and other potential liabilities. He is a notable sports insurance law authority, who is regularly quoted by major media outlets including Yahoo! Sports, Bleacher Report and Risk & Insurance. He has published and presented on several issues related to professional sports, including disability and loss of value insurance for athletes, insurance coverage for concussion lawsuits, and data privacy and risk management best practices in handling consumer and athlete “analytic property” and responding to unwanted disclosures of confidential information. Noel previously worked as a television and print journalist with The News Hour with Jim Lehrer and The Christian Science Monitor and has significant knowledge of insurance-coverage, risk management and data privacy issues related to the entertainment and media industries. He regularly volunteers for the Chicago-based program Reading Between the Lines®, which uses discussion of literature to build critical thinking and communication skills with formerly and currently incarcerated women and men.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2008, J.D., Executive Editor, Loyola Consumer Law Review
- University of Virginia, 1999, B.A.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chair of Insurance Law Committee 2014 - 2015
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Insurance Law, 2006-2022
- Law Bulletin's Emerging Lawyer in Illinois 2015-2017, Directors & Officers Liability Law Insurance, Insurance Coverage & Reinsurance Law
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012-2017, Insurance Coverage
- 29 January 2016 “3 Insurance Policies That Should Be In Athletes' Playbooks” Law360
- 14 May 2015 “Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and the Tricky Business of Predraft Insurance Policies” Bleacher Report
- 2 September 2014 “Are You Ready for Some Lawsuits?” Risk & Insurance
- 4 August 2014“TE Jermichael Finley's $10M fallback plan might not be firm” Yahoo! Sports
- 6 June 2014 “Loss of Value Policies Face First Test” Risk & Insurance