John is a partner in the Insurance Recovery Group and affiliate member of the Energy and Natural Resources Group in Reed Smith's Chicago office. His practice focuses on representing policyholders in complex litigation and insurance coverage matters involving General and Excess Liability, OEE/Energy Package, D&O, Product Recall, First Party Property/Business Interruption, and Pollution Liability coverage. In addition to wide experience with all major U.S. insurers, he is experienced in litigation, mediation and arbitration with Lloyd's and other London and Bermuda market insurers. His significant representations have encompassed major U.S. policyholders such as Anadarko Petroleum, Nicor Gas, Boyd Gaming, Tribune Company, Kraft Foods, Valero Energy, and Republic Services.
- Chambers USA (2003-2014, 2016) for Insurance Coverage Litigation: Ranked in Insurance Policyholder Nationwide and Illinois Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Best Lawyers in America (2006-2016) for Insurance Law
- Legal 500 (2010-2014) for Insurance: Advice to Policyholders
- Who's Who Legal (2006-2013) for International Insurance and Reinsurance; Insurance & Reinsurance (2017)
- Listed in Illinois Super Lawyers, Insurance Coverage, 2006-2015
- "AV" rating in Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating)