Michaela is a partner and a leading lawyer of Reed Smith’s German Antitrust & Competition practice. She advises a range of international companies on EU and German antitrust and competition matters, including some of the world’s largest digital platforms and industry leaders on investigations, competition litigation, compliance, distribution matters, on cartel as well as market-dominance cases. Michaela has also significant experience in guiding clients through regulatory aspects of transactions, often in cross-border merger and acquisitions, to obtain merger clearance and deal with German foreign investment screening.
- University of Frankfurt, Germany, 2001, Dr. jur.
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 2000, Second State Exam (Bar exam equivalent)
- Northwestern University, Chicago, USA, 1999, LL.M.
- University of Frankfurt, Germany, 1997, First State Exam (J.D. equivalent)
- University of Frankfurt, Germany, Study of Law
- University of Keele, 1995, Study of Law
- All German Higher Regional Courts
- All German Local and District Courts
- Munich Bar Association
- German Competition Law Association
- Munich Competition Law Forum
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers™ in cooperation with Handelsblatt Germany for Competition / Antitrust Law (continually since 2019)
- JUVE Handbook Germany for Competition / Antitrust (since 2018)