Michaela specialises in German and EU antitrust law. Competition issues can constitute severe obstacles to businesses’ commercial objectives; however, antitrust law can sometimes be relied on to achieve business goals or even get ahead of competitors. With that in mind, Michaela acts as both problem solver and strategic advisor.
Michaela advises a range of companies, including some of the world’s largest digital platforms and manufacturers of branded products, on distribution-related antitrust matters, and on cartel and market-dominance cases often in the context of digital markets. She is also an enthusiastic antitrust litigator having showcased her capabilities by representing clients in a wide range of private litigation matters before the courts and in investigations and proceedings by competition regulators.
- University of Frankfurt, Germany, 2001, Dr. jur.
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 2000, Second State Exam (Bar exam equivalent)
- Northwestern University, Chicago, USA, 1999, 法学硕士
- University of Frankfurt, Germany, 1997, First State Exam (J.D. equivalent)
- University of Frankfurt, Germany, Study of Law
- 基尔大学, 1995, Study of Law
- Munich Bar Association
- German Competition Law Association
Munich Competition Law Forum
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in Germany and Handelsblatt for Competition / Antitrust Law, 2020