Welcome to Reed Smith’s accountancy forum newsletter. This newsletter covers a range of issues affecting accounting firms, with a core focus on liability and regulatory risk. Please do get in touch with any questions. If there is a particular issue or case that you would like us to cover in an upcoming edition, we would love to hear from you.
In this issue...
- ICAEW guidance on duty to report misconduct highlights increased focus on wider issues of integrity
- High Court rules on liability of administrators to unsuccessful bidders
- Illegality defence: no safe haven for practitioners
- Reflective loss revisited
- New York court rules on withholding discovery based on common interest privilege