Peter has worked in the “law of lawyering” since he started with Crosby, Heafey in 1993. After spending most of his career defending law firms accused of malpractice, he now serves as Reed Smith’s Chief Litigation Counsel, where he combines his trial and litigation background with his experience in law firm leadership and risk management. He served as the Office Managing Partner of Reed Smith’s Los Angeles office from 2003 to 2008. He speaks regularly to industry and client groups regarding ethics, risk management, and attorney client privilege.
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 1993, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, A.B., Phi Beta Kappa
- All State and Federal Courts - California
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Public Counsel, Los Angeles' largest pro bono law firm
- Served on the Board of Governors of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- ABA Standing Committee on Lawyers' Professional Liability