Alex is a member of the Managed Care Team. She understands the legal and technical peculiarities of the health insurance industry and leverages this knowledge to obtain favorable results for her clients. Alex has deep experience representing managed care companies and health plans in litigation and arbitration. While her litigation practice is very broad, she has particular expertise in matters involving the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), out-of-network services, air ambulance services, and payment disputes regarding a high volume of healthcare claims. Alex also counsels her clients in regulatory matters and frequently advises on compliance and risk. She further provides value to her clients by delivering innovative legal products, including knowledge management tools and document automation.
- University of Chicago Law School, 2013, J.D., served in the Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship; staff member of the Chicago Journal of International Law
- University of Minnesota, 2009, B.A., Psychology, high distinction
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - District of Columbia Circuit