Alex has broad experience in healthcare compliance and regulatory issues. She frequently advises health plans across the country on compliance with the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (CAA), the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and government program rules. She has experience in specific compliance issues involving Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicaid Managed Care Organizations, Marketplace products, and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) plans and administrators. Alex has represented health plans in litigation and arbitration, including in matters relating to ERISA and government program compliance, contractual payment disputes with hospital systems and providers, and high volume claim disputes with out-of-network providers. Alex is also passionate about legal technology and develops innovative, cost-saving legal products using artificial intelligence, document automation, and knowledge management tools.
- University of Chicago Law School, 2013, J.D., served in the Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship; staff member of the Chicago Journal of International Law
- University of Minnesota, 2009, B.A., Psychology, high distinction
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - District of Columbia Circuit