Dominic Rupprecht litigates insurance coverage disputes exclusively on behalf of policyholders nationwide. He has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for policyholders in the life sciences, energy, and manufacturing industries for a variety of claims, including: environmental liabilities, cyber losses, mass torts, False Claims Act liabilities, and first-party losses.
Ranked in Chambers USA for Texas Insurance, as a litigator Dominic has won rulings on issues of first impression in courts around the country for policyholders related to: (i) the scope of the duty to defend, (ii) whether an EPA Potentially Responsible Party Notice Letter issued pursuant to CERCLA qualifies as a “suit” under a general liability policy, (iii) the enforceability of anti-assignment clauses to prevent the transfer of coverage rights, (iv) whether suits by government entities are covered as suits seeking “damages for bodily injury,” and (v) the application of priority of payments clauses in D&O liability policies. He also assists policyholders in evaluating their insurance programs, drafting policies, securing coverage outside of litigation, and negotiating coverage-in-place agreements.
- Pennsylvania State University, 2010, J.D., summa cum laude, Class Valedictorian; Articles Editor, Penn State Law Review; Woolsack Honor Society
- Bucknell University, 2007, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- Board, River City Brass Band
- Board, Lawrenceville Hospitality Association
- Former Board, Penn State Law Alumni Society
- Former Board, Penn State Law Development Council
- Chief Judge Yvette Kane, U.S. District Court - Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1 August 2010 to 1 August 2012
Premios y reconocimientos
- Named a 2023 "Break Out Award" Winner by Business Insurance
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Texas Insurance, 2022
- Penn State Law Distinguished Alumni Award, 2016