LONDON – Global law firm Reed Smith has advised GlobalData on its group reorganisation and transformational investment agreement with Inflexion for a £434m minority stake in its healthcare division.

Inflexion has acquired a 40% shareholding in GlobalData's Healthcare division at a valuation of £1.115 billion. GlobalData will own the remaining 60% of GlobalData Healthcare, which will continue to be a fully consolidated subsidiary of GlobalData Plc. The investment is being made by Inflexion’s dedicated minority equity strategy, Partnership Capital.

Headquartered in the UK, GlobalData’s healthcare data business is its largest division and employs over 1,000 people across ten countries. Its subscription service offers a one-stop data solution for over 2,000 global customers across large global pharma, pharma & biotech, pharma suppliers, professional services and medical devices manufacturers.

The London-based Reed Smith team advising GlobalData was led by corporate partner Philip Taylor, and included corporate partners Sam Webster, Stephen Mooney, Ravi Pattani and Delphine Currie and corporate associates Matthew Bowen, Kat McGriskin, Saiya Guo and Roxana Burghel. The corporate team was supported by tax partner Caspar Fox and associate Alia Khalil, employment partner David Ashmore and associate Joanna Powis, real estate partner Brigid North, intellectual property partner Nick Breen, tech & data associate Sarah O’Brien and pensions partner Will Sutton.

For more information on the investment, visit