Calvin is a partner in Reed Smith’s regulatory and investigations practice in the Asia-Pacific region. He is an international disputes and investigations lawyer who has been repeatedly recognized by legal directories for his expertise in two distinct practice areas: corporate investigations, and international arbitration (and related litigation). While based in Singapore for the past decade, he previously practiced for many years in New York, London and Hong Kong. He also worked for a prominent international arbitrator, Jan Paulsson, in Paris.
Calvin leads a group of specialist regulatory and investigations attorneys and professionals based in Singapore, the PRC, and Hong Kong. This team is recognized and ranked in leading legal directories, such as Chambers Asia-Pacific and Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, for its investigations and white collar crime expertise. Calvin has led numerous internal investigations and regulatory enforcement and compliance matters in the Asia-Pacific region, including China, India, Southeast Asia (such as Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Philippines and Thailand), Taiwan, Japan, Korea, and Australia. Many of these matters relate to an inquiry or probe by a government agency or regulator, or involve companies that are under monitorship. Calvin has extensive experience advising on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-corruption and bribery laws, securities and accounting fraud, mis-use or misappropriation of proprietary data, and related governance and corporate compliance issues.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2004, LL.M., (McClure Scholar, Dupont Fellow)
- National University of Singapore, 2001, LL.B., Second (Upper) Honours
- New York
- Angleterre et Pays de Galles
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association