Baptiste is a partner at Reed Smith. He has more than 20 years’ experience in advising arrangers, dealers, originators, sponsors, investors and issuers in connection with a wide range of debt instruments, including securitisations (domestic and cross-border), disintermediated financings, funds, debt issuances (Euro private placements, Islamic bonds/sukuks, impact finance), liability management, distressed and portfolio debt acquisitions, and derivatives. Baptiste’s practice also covers fund-related work, including fund structuring and establishment, and counselling on fund-related regulatory and compliance issues. He also regularly advises on structured debt restructurings.
- Université Paris II - Panthéon - Assas, Paris, Postgraduate degree in civil law, DEA Droit Privé Général
- Université Paris II - Panthéon - Assas, Paris, Postgraduate degree in business corporate and tax law, Magistère de Juriste d’Affaires, DESS Droit des Affaires et Fiscalité
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in France for Banking and Finance Law, Capital Markets Law and Structured Finance Law, 2019-2021
- Awarded “Commended” status at the Financial Times Europe Innovative Lawyers awards (2018)
- Ranked in Legal 500 for Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives, and Structured Finance (2019)
- Ranked “Excellent” for Derivatives and Securitisation, Capital Markets and African work by Décideurs Juridiques et Financiers
- Ranked among the top 50 lawyers active in Africa by Jeune Afrique (2017)