Katherine J. Seikaly
Kate is Managing Partner in the Tysons office. She focuses her practice on government and internal investigations, regulatory compliance and enforcement matters, and related litigation. Kate has particular expertise in the False Claims Act (FCA). She has represented clients in a variety of industries, including health care, manufacturing, energy, defense, and financial services in FCA matters brought by the federal and state governments, as well as private relators. She serves as the Vice Chair of the Federal Bar Association’s Qui Tam Section, which focuses on providing education, training, and other opportunities for practitioners involved in the FCA and other whistleblower statutes.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2005, J.D.
- University of Colorado, 2001, B.A., Political Science and Economics
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals - District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
Récompenses et distinctions
- Featured in Global Investigations Review’s Women in Investigations 2021 list.
- Virginia Business Magazine - Virginia 500, Top Business Leaders - Law (2020-2021)
- Recognized by Virginia Business as Legal Elite for Corporate Counsel, 2020-2022
- Named to Virginia Business' 2020 Legal Elite for her work with the #SeeHer movement.
- BTI Client Service All-Stars (2019)
- Virginia Lawyer's Weekly - Influential Women of Law (2019)
- Washington DC Rising Stars - Criminal Defense: White Collar (2014)