You are invited to attend the next installment of our series New York State (and Local Tax) of Mind.
Home to two of the most aggressive tax departments in the country, New York has a state and local tax climate that is constantly changing. This recurring series will cover up-to-date issues and events as they unfold. The series will discuss corporate income, sales and use, property, and personal income tax issues, as well as policy and administrative changes within the Department, and how they may impact your business. Our New York team will provide insight on refund opportunities, challenges to Department policies, and other unique strategies to help resolve tax controversies.
- Startdatum / -uhrzeit:
- 16 October 2019, 2:00 PM EDT
- Enddatum / -uhrzeit:
- 16 October 2019, 2:30 PM EDT
This edition will address important considerations when filing a New York refund claim.
Topics will include:
- Complicated statute of limitations issues, including novel arguments recently raised by the departments
- How to determine the most advantageous time to raise a refund claim
- Options for escalating an idle refund claim
- A few refund ideas that may apply to you