- Startdatum / -uhrzeit:
- 10 May 2021
- Enddatum / -uhrzeit:
- 14 May 2021
- London International Disputes Week
To view the full conference agenda and to register, please visit the LIDW website.
We are pleased to be a member of LIDW, and we are delighted to be co-hosting three member-hosted events.
Tuesday 11 May: 9am – 10am BST
LIDW member-hosted event: Risks and challenges for directors (co-hosted with 7KBW)
Join our panel as they consider:
- The current (and future) risk environment for directors and officers, identifying:
- New and expanding exposures that directors and officers face
- The extent to which the London insurance market is able to mitigate such risks in the current economic climate
- The continuing significance of London as a ‘venue’ for the hearing of disputes involving such directors and officers. This will encompass disputes relating to ‘director conduct’ and directors and officers liability insurance coverage disputes
Wednesday 12 May: 6pm – 7pm BST
LIDW member-hosted event: The impact of Brexit – challenges in cross-border restructurings and insolvencies (co-hosted with Withers)
Whilst Brexit has thrown up some unique challenges for cross-border restructurings and insolvencies, London is still open for business. Our panel will explore what has changed post-Brexit and the impact on insolvency law in the UK.
Topics covered will include:
- The impact of Brexit on the cross-border insolvency regime
- Obtaining recognition – workarounds to the current predicament
- The continuing role of UK restructuring plans and schemes of arrangement for cross-border restructurings
- 'Sufficient Connection': London's future as a global restructuring centre
- Jurisdictional clauses and contractual solutions to avoid jurisdictional disputes in restructuring and insolvency
- Offshore perspectives: lessons learned and innovation from cross-border insolvencies outside the European regime
Friday 14 May: 12:30pm – 2pm BST
LIDW member-hosted event: Maritime arbitration in London – present and future challenges in a changing world (co-hosted with HFW)
Join our panel for an interesting and interactive webinar.
Jonathan Webb, Partner at HFW, will host, leading speakers from the London maritime community:
- Ian Gaunt, Arbitrator and Immediate Past President of the LMAA, will discuss whether virtual hearings are the future.
- Karen Maxwell, Barrister at Twenty Essex, will highlight what's new in London maritime arbitration.
- Nick Austin, Partner at Reed Smith, will explore the legal developments emerging from arbitrating shipping disputes in London.
- Jean Koh, Partner at HFW, will give her insight on cargo misdelivery claims – and how they play out in dispute resolution.
We are honoured to have Lord Hamblen of Kersey, Justice of the UK Supreme Court, chairing the session.