Jim's practice focuses on commercial real estate and business transactions. Jim represents clients engaged in all aspects of residential, office, retail, hotel and industrial development. He has represented permanent and construction lenders, and borrowers in loan transactions, workouts and restructurings. He has represented clients in equity investments including debt equity lenders. Jim has experience with (i) the acquisition, construction and development of large mixed use projects, golf course communities, apartment projects, hotel projects, office buildings, condominium projects, retail centers, shopping centers and warehouse facilities including air cargo facilities, (ii) complex financing transactions through conventional or bond financing, special taxing districts, tax increment financing and community development authorities and (iii) all aspects of leasing including office, retail and warehouse. Jim has worked on renewable and clean energy projects (e.g. solar and wind projects). He has experience in representing corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies in the purchase and sale of businesses as well as asset-based lending. He has experience in negotiating and forming limited liability companies, partnerships (general and limited), corporations (C and S corps) and other business entities including drafting the organizational documents. He has experience with local transfer and recordation taxation issues.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1998, LL.M., Tax
- New York Law School, 1992, J.D., cum laude, Member of New York Law School Law Review
- University of Richmond, 1989, B.A.
- New Jersey
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law, 2013-2023. The Best Lawyers in America is issued by Best Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology can be found at bestlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Northern Virginia Real Estate, 2016-2022. Chambers USA is issued by Chambers and Partners. A description of the selection methodology can be found at chambers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Recognized by Virginia Business Magazine in the area of Real Estate.