Mark is Counsel in the New York office of Reed Smith and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Group.
Mark’s practice is focused on helping companies in New York and around the world manage their workplace needs. To that end, Mark counsels clients on a variety of day-to-day and also big-picture workplace issues. These issues include policy and handbook development; risk assessment and litigation avoidance; compliance with and overseeing anti-discrimination/harassment and other equal employment opportunity laws; wage and hour compliance; conducting internal investigations of sexual harassment and other allegations; hiring, discipline, discharge, reduction-in-force, and restructuring decisions; providing workplace training to managers and human resource professionals; enforcement of non-competes and other restrictive covenants; drafting employment, independent contractor, separation, confidentiality, and other workplace-related agreements; government audits and investigations; and a wide variety of other employment issues.
- Fordham University School of Law, 2010, J.D., cum laude
- Binghamton University, State University of New York, 2007, B.A., summa cum laude
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Second Circuit
- New York State Bar Association- Labor and Employment section (Wage Hour and New Lawyers Committees)
- Member, ALM Media/Law.com Mental Health Advisory Board
- Selected for inclusion in the New York Metro Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Employment & Labor (2015-2019). The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- 9 July 2019 “New York anti-discrimination law heightens risks for employers” Business Insurance
- 16 October 2016 “FLSA Violations You Must Avoid,” Tsheets.com
- 17 March 2016 “NYC grocery store law seen as part of anti-employer trend,” LegalNewsline.com
- 8 July 2015 "Explaining the Unpaid Internship Enigma,” Human Resource Executive Online
- 9 June 2015 "Labor Dept. Issues Updated FMLA Forms," Corporate Counsel
- 20 October 2014 "The Complete Guide to Human Resources and the Law" (2015 ed.), Dana Shilling, (sec. 1, p. 35)
- 15 April 2015 "Employee Classification of Company Bloggers," Corporate Counsel
- 22 August 2014 "Proposal For Helping Criminals Rejoin Society Could Trip up NYC Employers," New York Business Journal
- 20 August 2014 “'Ban the Box' Bill Worries Businesses,” Crain’s New York Business
- 7 February 2014 "Labor Protections For Young Models Make Runway Debut,” Law360